9th December 2020
14:00 – 15:30 CET
FIP’s Transforming Vaccination Globally & Regionally programme is a 3-series programme comprised of 24 events running between September and December 2020. In this third and final series, 8 episodes focus on the transformation of vaccination on a regional level, where we will identify regional priorities, challenges and learnings with our members and stakeholders. This series will also culminate in a global FIP Commitment to transform vaccination which builds on the practice, science and workforce & education needs identified in series 1, the FIP Development Goal mechanisms emerging from series 2, and regional needs and priorities collated in series 3. In today’s event, part 5, we will be focusing on the regional needs and drivers for transforming vaccination in Africa. This involves discussing the progress made in Africa with regards to pharmacist vaccination, the quality and universal access to vaccinations. This is in regards to science, practice and workforce empowerment and utilisation.
In the fifth of six regions we dissect, event 3.5 focuses on the regional needs and drivers for transforming vaccination in the African region. This involves discussing the progress made in Africa with regards to pharmacist vaccination, the quality and universal access to vaccinations. We also discuss barriers and challenges and regional needs for future transformation. FIP members, stakeholders and partners from Africa join us for a true regional perspective.
To understand the African perspective in delivering on the Transformation of Vaccination Globally and Regionally
- Prosper Hiag, President, African Pharmaceutical Forum (APF), Member of the Council of the FIP – Cameroon
- Jacqueline Surugue, Vice President – International Pharmaceutical Federation (FIP)- Past President of the Hospital Section Chair of the FIP Pharmaceutical Technology Forum, Hospital Pharmacist, Centre Hospitalier Georges Renon – France
- Nilhan Uzman, Lead for Education Policy and Implementation, International Pharmaceutical Federation (FIP) – Turkey
- Yvonne Yirenkyiwaa Esseku, Vice President, Pharmaceutical Society of Ghana – Ghana
- Redouane Soualmi, General Secretary, Algerian Pharmaceutical Federation – Fédération Algérienne de Pharmacie – Algeria
- Nahil Dave, Superintendent Pharmacist, Pharmaceutical Society of Kenya – Kenya
You can watch the event recording uploaded here.