3rd November 2020
14:00 – 15:30 CET
FIP is launching a transforming vaccination globally and regionally 24 part series. In these 8 episodes for series 2 we are focusing on the transformation of vaccination globally and regionally as an online programme where the FIP commits to take action for vaccine transformation in concert with the FIP development goals.
In this episode, “Empowering Pharmacists to Deliver Vaccination in all Settings” – is an interview format that focuses on the FIP Development Goal 7: Advanced Integrated Services from the perspective of vaccination by pharmacist. We discuss change management principles in the context of integrating advanced practice services into every day practice, ensuring that vaccination by pharmacists in all settings and jurisdictions is consistent with best evidence and practice guidelines. Where a pharmacist is present in all settings, vaccinations can be provided. Ensuring collaborative work and shared documentation with all healthcare professionals to ensure it is an integrated service.
About the Series: The second of three series is composed of 8 episodes that focus on The FIP Development Goals from the perspective of vaccination. The new FIP Development Goals and the agenda of improving vaccination worldwide come together in this series of interviews that outline how pharmacists and pharmaceutical scientists will deliver on the promise of improved vaccination rates worldwide.
Series 2 will identify the alignment of the goal of improved vaccination rates worldwide through the use of the pharmacist workforce with the FIP Development Goals.
Identifying mechanisms for transforming vaccination using FIP DG7: Advancing integrated services.
- Marwan Akel (Global Lead FIP D7 – FIP, Lebanon) ( Chairperson Pharmacy Practice Department – Lebanese International University, Lebanon)
- Barbel Holbein (Global Lead FIP DG7 – FIP, Lebanon) (Lecturer and Researcher – University of Bremen; University of applied sciences-Baden Württemberg )
- Sofía Segura (Professor – University of Costa Rica and College of Pharmacists of Costa Rica, Costa Rica)
- Pamela Logan (Director of Pharmacy Services – Irish Pharmacy Union, Ireland)
- Scarlett Pong (President – The Pharmaceutical Society of Hong Kong, Hong Kong)
To register for free please click here or scan the QR code below: